Makes 12 Quiche
3 x mountain bread wraps
6 x eggs beaten
dash of milk
4 x slices 97% fat free bacon
1/4 x cup finely diced onion
pinch of pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- cut each mountain bread wrap into 6 equal squares/rectangles.
- use a 12 spot muffin tray and line each space with two pieces of mountain bread – use rice or baking beads to hold the wraps in place and bake for 10 minutes.
- remove from oven and remove beads/rice from the wraps. Let them cool
- place a bit of onion, bit of bacon and top up with egg mixture into each shell…..do this quickly
- place back in the oven for approx 8-15 minutes until the mixture has risen but is cooked through.
- remove from oven and place immediately on a cooling rack
You could adapt these so many ways – instead of bacon use left over chicken shredded, got clean mince left over? Throw that in? A bunch of veggies that are too soft to do anything with but still edible – cut them up tiny and add them into the mixture! 🙂
I know quiches traditionally have cheese through them, but honestly they just did not need them!! Even my husband was a fan and he’s not a fan of all my clean eating!!
These were amazing warm and have still kept well in the fridge (just not as crispy when you reheat them!!!)