400g/ 3 small pork fillet steaks
2 Tsps 5 Spice
3 Tsps Peanut oil
1 cup brown rice
half brown onion
1 large garlic clove
3 tbsp Peanut or olive oil
1 tsp soy sauce – or to taste
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 10 minutes (this prevents burning)
- Cut the pork fillets into equal cubes (so cooks at the same time)
- Combine the 5 spice and 3 tsps peanut oil and then coat the pork skewers – set aside.
- Bring to the boil pan of water and add in Brown Rice. Cook for about 20 minutes – brown rice takes longer to cook then white
- Once cooked, drain and stand until cooled and not water logged.
- Heat a grill pan/frying pan on a medium heat and add in the pork skewers – turn occasionally (should be cooked in about 10 minutes)
- 5 minutes before serving heat remaining oil into wok and saute onions and garlic.
- Once translucent, add in the two eggs and continue to stir and break up the egg.
- add in the rice, mix together and re heat.
NB. I add in the soy sauce at the end as I have not used any salt in this dish and it works great!