The reason I have called this one Fish parcels rather then naming the fish you should use, is because all fish would work with this recipe. It’s so simple and tasty, the only thing you would need to be aware of is the size of the fillet compared to the cooking time of the parcel 🙂
I used 2 x Salmon fillets around 200g each
1 x lemon thinly sliced
3 x tbsp capers (baby ones from a jar)
2 x tbsp olive oil
2 x tbsp lemon juice
Dribble of caper juice
Choice of veggies for steaming
- Combine lemon juice, oil, caper juice and capers in a small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Tear two large pieces of baking paper off to make your parcels. Lay down three slices of lemon in each and top with salmon fillet.
- Spoon over caper mixture and put any left over lemon slices on top of the fish.
- Seal the parcels and back for 12 minutes (medium rare) 17 minutes (cooked through)
I cheated on this dinner and used two packets of pre packed microwave friendly steamed veggies. GREAT for mid week dinners!