Over the years I have adapted and tweaked this recipe to suit my taste buds and those around me. This is a winner with everyone I cook it for (as long as the like fish!!) it’s easy and a “two pot” dish which means hardly any washing up!
This recipe is for 2 so adapt where needed!
You will need:
Baking dish (i use an A4 sized dish)
2 Large salmon fillets, skin on, bones removed.
1 cup good olive oil
2 garlic cloves crushed
2 inches Ginger grated
good pinch pepper
1 large bag of baby spinach
1 large leek – sliced
- Place olive oil, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper in a bowl, mix and leave to marinate for as long as possible (I try at least 1 hour if not longer)
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and throw in the leeks – I like my leeks crunchy so literally 5 mins and pull them off the heat (at this point DO NOT drain!)
- In the baking dish empty put whole bag of spinach. With a serving spoon, scoop the leeks out and lay on top of the spinach, then spoon another 6 or so spoons of water over the spinach – do not drown the spinach!!
- Place the salmon fillets on top of the spinach and leeks and spoon on the olive oil mixture.
- Set oven at 180-200 degrees and bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes. I like the salmon to be just cooked so depending on how big the fillets and how you like your fish cooked is up to you.
- Take from oven and let rest for 3-5 minutes. I then use a spatula and scoop the spinach, leeks and salmon out all together and place on plates. I do little roast potatoes to serve, but you could do mash or fries depending on how healthy you want to keep this dish!