I got chicken thighs out of the freezer yesterday and was unsure as to what I would do with them.
I had a packet of pre flavoured Quinoa in the cupboard and some veggies in my fridge that needed to be used up!
So I opted on lemon and thyme marinated Chicken with roasted veggies and quinoa.
2 x boneless Chicken Thighs
4 tbps lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tbsp fresh thyme
Assorted veggies for roasting
1 tbsp dried rosemary
1 tbsp dried Oregano
2 cups quinoa
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Combine lemon juice, oil and thyme in a bowl and submerge the chicken into the mixture. Leave to marinate for about 30 minutes (until the chicken starts turning white)
- cut up veggies for roasting.
- In a roasting pan heat in the oven 3 tbsp oil. Once completely heated add in veggies and roast for about 30 minutes.
- 10 minutes into the roasting pull the veggies out and sprinkle dried rosemary and oregano and toss.
- add the quinoa seed into a pan and bring to the boil 1 1/4 cups of boiling water (i used stock and found it too salty!)
- Once boiled, bring down to a low simmer for 10 minutes and then rest for another 8 (it’s still pretty sloppy after that)
- 20 minutes into the veggies cooking heat last tbsp of oil in the frying pan and cook chicken until cooked through (i added mine into the oven once brown and baked for 8 minutes.)