This is one of mine and Brads favourite comfort foods EVER! (Well brad would probably toss up between Macdonalds and this dish!) But for me this is the ultimate, indulgent, creamy, satisfying dish and is made in less then 1 hour!!
Serves 3-4 hungry without sides or 6 (1 each) plus sides.
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts, diced
- 3 Cups of button mushrooms cut into quaters
- 1 Onion finely sliced
- 3 Tbsp Jalapeno sliced peppers from a jar (optional hotness!)
- 6 Tortilla soft wraps
- 1 Tin of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 tub sour cream (about 1 cup)
- 3 Cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbps oil
- Heat oven to 200 degrees
- Fry off onions until translucent, add in chicken and flash fry (until it just turns white) and add in the mushrooms.
- Lower the heat and add in soup and sour cream.
- Thicken sauce with 1 1/2 – 2 Cups of shredded cheese.
- Using a rectangle baking tray, spread out a little of the sauce (in order for the wraps not to stick in the cooking process)
- Grab one wrap and spoon in the mixture less a lot of the liquid, wrap up and place seam side down (this is a lot easier to do in the tin!!)
- Repeat for the rest of the wraps.
- Spoon the rest of the liquid over the wraps and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown!