This dish is a pretty standard and easy dish to have on a weeknight!
It was one of those dishes where I didn’t want to cook but I knew if I didn’t we would end up eating pizza or something really bad like that and I’m desperately trying to be healthy at the minute!
2 x Turkey Escalopes (you could use a flattened chicken breast too)
1 Cup Cous Cous (i used the Ainsley Harriet mint, lemon and parsley – yummy!)
1 Cups Mushrooms quatered
1 Zuchinni chopped
1 Parsnip Chopped
6 grape or baby tomatoes halved
4tbps Olive Oil
1/2 onion (red or white) cut into wedges
- Preheat Oven to 200 degrees, place baking try with 3 tbsp of oil into the oven as it heats up.
- Once up to temperature bring tray out and add vegetables (oil will be very hot but this is good so the veggies don’t soak up the oil!) add a bit of salt and pepper and toss – Return to the oven for 30 minutes.
- 10 minutes before the vegetables are ready coat the turkey both sides in cajun powder. Add one tbsp of oil into pan and heat up – add in turkey and turn after 4-5 minutes.
- Once turned add boiling water to the cous cous and leave to soak. (about 5 minutes)
- To assemble put cous cous on the plate first, then roasted veggies and top with the turkey or chicken escalope.