I bought 6 beautiful Angus Beef sausages and trying to think out of the box for a “sausage dinner” I came up with this recipe!
It’s delicious, fast and satisfying. All you want after a hard Monday at work.
6 x angus beef sausages (or your choice) casing removed
2 x tbsp. olive oil
1 x brown onion – finely diced
1 x garlic clove – crushed
2 x tin diced tomatoes (or 800g passata)
1 x large zucchini diced
2 x sprigs thyme
1 x cup basil leaves chopped
1/2 x cup grated parmesan
500g x dried pasta of your choice
- Bring large pan of water to the boil
- Whilst waiting for the water to boil, add to a deep frying pan the oil to heat
- To the oil, add in the onions and garlic – cook till slightly translucent
- add in the zuchinni and toss for 5 minutes, add in the sausage meat and brown, toss in thyme leaves.
- Pour in the two tins of tomatoes and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once the water has boiled add in the pasta to the boiling water (fussili was 12 minutes or until al dente)
- Drain pasta and combine with tomato and sausage meat sauce
- Serve in bowls topped with parmesan and basil!
This dish can be frozen but we warned most pasta dishes turn a bit sloppy once frozen. If cooking for less people, make the sauce as above but cook less pasta. Remove the extra sauce before putting the pasta in and freeze!