Well, I call this a Carbonara very liberally as I have never cooked or looked at a Carbonara recipe before.
It was pretty delicious though and very simple for a mid week dinner option!
2 x small chicken breasts diced
2 tbsp olive oil
2 x cups button mushrooms quartered
2-3 x cloves garlic crushed
5 x short bacon rashers diced to your liking (I did pretty big)
1/2 x onion diced
2 x cups sour cream
enough spaghetti for 3
- Bring pan of water to the boil, salt it and add in spaghetti and boil away.
- Heat oil in pan and add in onion. Once translucent add in garlic.
- Next in is the bacon. I like mine to go brown and crispy but it’s up to you.
- Add in the Chicken and mushrooms and follow with the sour cream – leave to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and add into the cream mixture.
Serve hot and enjoy 🙂